$33.23 - $47.57 per hour (ONA)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve.
Applicants within the bargaining unit will have first consideration.
This is for:
·1 temporary full-time position working 37.5 hours per week (2300-0700 nights) for up to 18 months including every other weekend.
·1 permanent part-time position working 15 hours per week (2300-0700 nights) including every other weekend.
There is the possibility for applicants to be interviewed prior to the closing date.
Halton Region serves more than 580,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
We are proud to operate three non-profit long-term care homes where our employees make a meaningful contribution on the lives of the residents by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also recognized as a Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight organization.
At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your work.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with two years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing is required. A B.Sc.N is an asset. Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently are required. The successful incumbent must also possess strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and decision-making skills. Demonstrated computer ability and experience in Long Term Care is desirable. Must have a genuine desire to work with the elderly, an understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment. You will also need to provide a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by the first day of employment.
In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as recommended by the WHO and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof is a Ministry of Health Dose Administration Receipt (or such other proof of vaccination that the Province of Ontario sanctions). This can be obtained through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
Flexibility to work outside of core business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays is required. The incumbent must be able to perform all the necessary physical tasks associated with the position.
- Provides leadership for designated home areas ensuring that resident care is delivered according to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC), College of Nurses of Ontario and Services for Seniors Mission and Care Philosophy.
- Provides direction to staff concerning resident and family issues and Resident Home Area operations.
- Supervises work of front line staff providing direction and support as necessary.
- Communicates effectively with residents, staff, families, physicians and team members.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times. Provides individualized service and creates a “homelike” atmosphere.
- Participates in skin and wound care programs according to MOHLTC and Services for Seniors policies, procedures and best practices.
- Completes an individualized plan of care for each resident. Assesses resident’s health status on an ongoing basis and institutes appropriate care measures.
- Administers medication as necessary, as well as medications not approved for the RPN. Responsible for the security of drugs and narcotics according to applicable policies and legislation.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities.
- Performs administrative duties such, as scheduling and acts as the Charge Nurse in absence of management staff.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, students and volunteers.
- Acts as a resident advocate; communicates information about client /resident needs to internal and external agencies, staff, volunteers, families and students.
- Recommends changes to nursing practice, care policies and procedures, as the need arises.
- Assists with completion of PSW and RPN performance appraisals by providing input to MORC.
- Contributes to physician rounds and facilitates Resident Care Conferences.
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
·We appreciate all applications however only those selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted. Candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
·We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the selection process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
How to Apply?
Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.