Registered Nurses & Registered Practical Nurses (Relocation to Thunder Bay, ON)
1 day left
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
St. Joseph's Care Group (SJCG) is seeking RNs & RPNs to join our team in providing excellent client/resident-centred care.
SJCG offers a broad range of programs and services in Rehabilitative Care, Addictions & Mental Health, and Seniors' Health and is current hiring for a variety of full-time, part-time, permanent, and contract positions at the following locations:
- St. Joseph's Hospital - St. Joseph's Hospital is a 224 physical rehabilitation bed and 40 mental health rehabilitation bed hospital.
- Hogarth Riverview Manor - Hogarth Riverview Manor is a 544 long-term care home including a 32 bed Behavioural Supports Unit.
- St. Joseph's Heritage - Bethammi Nursing Home is located within St. Joseph's Heritage and is a 112 bed long term care home.
If you are committed to continuing professional development, work well in an interprofessional team environment, and have a genuine interest in meeting the needs of clients/residents, then we want to hear from you!
DON'T WAIT, APPLY TODAY! Click here to apply.
NEWLY REGISTERED WITH THE CNO? You may qualify for the $10,000 Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) incentive! Click here to learn more.
WHY WORK FOR US?
SJCG cares about "Our People", and we know that a welcoming, caring, and supportive environment creates a positive work place that ensures employees are able to provide the best possible care to our clients.
As a team member, you will be offered:
- Competitive and progressive salary and benefit packages
- Relocation Assistant (some restrictions apply)
- Ongoing professional development and advanced education
- Employee wellness initiatives
- Opportunities to participate in research and teaching initiatives
- Tuition loan program
- Employee and family assistance program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Discounts
ABOUT ST. JOSEPH'S CARE GROUP
- Combining tradition & innovation in responding to the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario since 1884.
- Offers a broad range of programs and services in Rehabilitative Care, Addictions & Mental Health, and Seniors' Health across 8 sites in the City of Thunder Bay.
- Over 2,200 staff and growing.
- Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest level awarded by Accreditation Canada.
- Designated by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) as the Best Practice Spotlight Organization.
- Uses technology to help overcome challenges to healthcare including the sheer size of Northwestern Ontario to bring care closer to the people we serve.
- Northwestern Ontario regional lead for Rehabilitative Care, Behavioural Supports and Palliative Care.
- Coupling research with mobilization, our Centre for Applied Health Research (CAHR) supports internal and external staff and clinicians through expertise, project consultation and knowledge translation.
- Continues to advance a self-management approach to care, and we are involving our clients more closely in their own care decisions to achieve the health outcomes that are important to them.
To learn more about SJCG, please watch this video.
ABOUT THUNDER BAY, ON
If you enjoy the benefits of work life balance that a smaller centre can offer, with the benefit of working in a large and progressive organization, come join us in the North!
Nestled on the pristine shores of Lake Superior and surrounded by the beauty of nature, Thunder Bay, with a population of 115,000, offers a perfect balance of urban and rural life. With world class sailing, boating, camping, hiking, and cycling in the summer months, and downhill and cross country skiing in the winter, Thunder Bay has something to offer healthy living enthusiasts throughout the year. Affordable housing and a vibrant, culturally diverse community with access to fine dining and the arts, make this community a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. Thunder Bay has excellent schools, including publicly funded French language, French immersion, and International Baccalaureate programs, as well as Confederation College and Lakehead University. Thunder Bay is home to the west campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the newest Law program in Ontario. Thunder Bay also offers innovative opportunities through the Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute.
To learn more Thunder Bay, ON, please visit https://gotothunderbay.ca or watch this video.
RURAL AND NORTHERN IMMIGRATION PILOT (RNIP) PROGRAM
SJCG is an approved Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program employer. The RNIP is a new community-driven immigration program designed to create a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in Thunder Bay, ON. To learn more about the RNIP program, please visit https://gotothunderbay.ca/why-thunder-bay/rural-and-northern-immigration-pilot.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- For new employees, or current employees transferring into a Long Term Care position from outside of Long Term Care, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check - Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph's Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph's Care Group and its clients.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates or internal candidates transferring into Long-Term Care are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-006
or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
NEED MORE INFORMATION
For more information about SJCG, please visit our website at visit https://sjcg.net or contact:
Coordinator, Recruitment & Retention
(807) 346-5219 / firstname.lastname@example.org
DON'T WAIT, APPLY TODAY! Click here to apply.
SJCG is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Accommodations are available throughout the selection process.