7 days left
The Registered Nurse (RN) role models clinical excellence and the core competencies of the practice standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), as well as the policies and procedures of Southlake Regional Health Centre (Southlake). The RN works collaboratively as a member of the health care team. The RN provides direct patient care to patients based on the three-factor framework as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario standard, RN and RPN Practice: The Client, Nurse and the Environment. These three factors have an impact on decision making related to care-provider assignment as well as the need for consultation and collaboration among care providers. All nurses make a commitment to lifelong learning.
The successful candidate will be motivated, self-directed and a key member of a dynamic interdisciplinary team with defined roles focused on quality patient care and patient flow. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide excellent care to a diverse acute medical patient population in a fast-paced setting.
- Provides patient and family focused care within the RN scope of practice, based on the three factor framework of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Functions in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, including emergency codes.
- Ensures that practice is consistent with entry to practice competencies, standards of practice, guidelines and legislation.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and all members of the healthcare team.
- Practices collaboratively with members of the healthcare team to provide elements of care for patients/clients with complex health issues.
- Practices collaboratively with other members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Provides consultation and/or clinical support to peers as needed.
- Contributes to the assessment and documentation of each patient's health status on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Plan of Care and evaluates its ongoing effectiveness.
- Assists in the orientation/preceptorship of new staff members and students to the clinical units.
- Acts as a role model and champion to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
- Takes a leadership role in the coordination of patient care in assigned area
- Assumes charge nurse role when assigned
- Assists in the orientation/preceptorship of new staff members and students
- Effectively utilizes human and material resources
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pathways
- Provides consultation and/or clinical support to peers as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/delegate.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse
- Current BCLS certificate required
- BScN preferred
- Current ACLS certificate preferred
Apply for Registered Nurse
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly