Director of Care - Thunder Bay, ON (Pinewood)
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Role: Director of Care – Permanent, Full-time (Pinewood)
Southbridge Pinewood is a 128 resident long-term care home located near Lake Superior in Thunder Bay. As a member of the Pinewood Management Team, this position will collaborate with Executive Director and will manage of all aspects of the nursing department to ensure quality resident care. To lead with passion, compassion and drive is to be a great success in this role. Offering competitive wages.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective human relation skills
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.Interested applicants should send their resume through this posting here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care, and affiliated organizations, including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting