Registered Nurse - Inpatient Surgery Program
INPATIENT SURGERY PROGRAM (G7)
REGULAR PART TIME
DAYS/EVENINGS/NIGHTS/WEEKEND Schedule; 4/8 & 12 hour shifts; (Subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
SALARY: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To use nursing process in providing patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain nursing records. Function as a member of a Multidisciplinary team. To perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
* Two years recent experience in acute surgical care including thoracic experience, PCA, Epidural management, central lines/TPN; chest tubes, management of complex wounds, ostomy care and management;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership/supervisory role;
* Demonstrated good organizational, interpersonal, communication skills both written and verbal; problem-solving, prioritization and teaching skills;
* Proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Proven ability to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* B.Sc.N. is preferred;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices, including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety, and participates in regular in-service education in this area; and,
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Lakeridge Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to preventing the transmission of COVID 19 infections among Lakeridge Health team members and our patients. New Lakeridge Health team members will be required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 during their Post-offer/Pre-employment Health Assessment, subject to any exemptions recognized under the Ontario Human Rights code