Registered Nurse – Critical Care
Registered Nurse – Critical Care
We’re Hiring Registered Nurses - Come and join our team!
Please apply to this position if you are interested in working in our Critical Care areas at University Hospital and Victoria Hospital. The intended start date for these positions is January 2022.
Victoria Hospital Inpatient Critical Care Trauma Centre The Critical Care Trauma Centre (CCTC) is a 26 bed tertiary care medical-surgical unit that provides life support and treatment to critically ill patients. CCTC supports the Trauma, Vascular, Thoracic, Oncology and ENT programs and is the regional referral centre for Trauma and Vascular. CCTC supports and participates in ongoing research, quality improvement and multidisciplinary activities.
University Hospital Inpatient Intensive Care 2nd Floor The ICU at University Hospital is comprised of two distinct units: the Medical-Surgical ICU (MSICU) which has 25 beds and the Cardiac Surgery Recovery Unit (CSRU) which has 14 beds. The (MSICU) is a level three critical care unit that specializes in the care of various patient populations such as: neurosurgical, transplantation, medical and general surgery patients. The CSRU specializes in the post-operative care of patients who have had cardiovascular surgery such as bypass and valve replacements and heart transplants.
Together the MSICU and CSRU provides exemplary continuous care of all critically ill patients requiring intensive technological, pharmacological and paramedical support delivered in a cohesive, cooperative, integrated manner. The physical and psychosocial needs of the patient and family are supported on an ongoing basis. The ICU supports and participates in ongoing research, quality improvement and multidisciplinary activities.
Regular Full Time Rate of Pay: $33.90 per hour - $48.53 per hour Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
• Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario • Current BLS for Healthcare Providers course: BLS-HCP(C) for which you can provide proof upon request
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
• Minimum two years of recent Critical Care experience
• Current Critical Care Level 3 experience preferred
• Critical Care Nursing Certificate CNCC (c) preferred
• Demonstrated competency in ECG Interpretation
• Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization
• Demonstrated ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated computer proficiency with Automated Clinical Systems
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Successful candidates will be required to complete a health review which includes providing vaccination records or proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox) prior to starting at LHSC.
• In addition, candidates will need to provide documentation of Tuberculosis Skin testing and a completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines) prior to starting at LHSC.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory Police Information Check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Together we care, we learn, we discover