Copy of Manager of Resident Care
3 days left
Department: Social & Community Services
Division/Location: Services for Seniors – Allendale (Milton)
Position: Manager of Resident Care
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. This is a temporary full time position working 35 hours per week for up to eighteen (18) months from date of hire
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
We are proud to operate three non-profit long-term care homes where our employees make a meaningful contribution on the lives of the residents by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also recognized as a Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight organization.
At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your work.
Purpose: Reporting to the Senior Nursing Manager, this position functions as part of the Home’s leadership team and is responsible for the management of all aspects of resident care, including developing and implementing quality programs and services to meet the needs of clients in a manner consistent with the standards of long term care.
Preferred Background: The successful candidate will be a dynamic and adaptable leader, currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario, and possess a Diploma in Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing degree or working towards is preferred. Long Term Care experience at the nursing management level with a solid knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, including the Long Term Care Homes Act, and RAI MDS 2.0 experience is required. Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs to support quality care and leading staff is required. The candidate must also possess highly effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills along with advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with Point Click Care would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
Employment Conditions: The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton, on the first day of employment, receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months) original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen and a current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months).
In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as recommended by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof is a Ministry of Health Dose Administration Receipt (or such other proof of vaccination that the Province of Ontario sanctions). This can be obtained through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
Working Conditions: A flexible work schedule is required to respond to the needs of the home. Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the teams and for providing supervision, leadership, coaching and direction to the nursing and personal care staff of the home in the performance of their duties.
- Act as a role model and contribute to the development of a caring and competent team who is responsible and accountable for direct resident care activities.
- Assists and supports the planning, development and implementation of quality resident care programs consistent with all applicable legislation including Ministry of Health and Long Term Care requirements, the Quality Inspection Process, RAI-MDS 2.0 and Services for Senior’s mission, vision and philosophy of care.
- Supports the management of all aspects of resident care in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supports the development of a resident centered environment with a strong focus on client satisfaction, and quality of life.
- Analyses and evaluates resident care and services.
- Continuously develops implements and evaluates quality improvement/best practice initiatives and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities, including ongoing participation in the Services for Senior’s accreditation process.
- Ensures the provision of training programs, regular performance evaluations as well as adequate scheduling, attendance management and disciplinary actions as required.
- Ensures strong fiscal accountability by contributing to the administration of the resident care budget.
- Works with other staff to ensure consistency and service excellence within the home and among the Villages of Halton Homes.
- Participates in Health and Safety activities and as a member of the Home’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Participates in community educational health programs as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: October 13, 2021 Posting Expires: November 02, 2021 Posting #: SS-436-21
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
- We appreciate all applications however only those selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted. Candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
- We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the selection process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs