School Nurse (RN or RPN)
TanenbaumCHAT Is Seeking Full Time School Nurse (RN or RPN)
TanenbaumCHAT is seeking a Nurse whose role will be to provide health care to the staff and student body and counselling services, in accordance with the guidelines and requirements of the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice and the Health Discipline Act. The school nurse would also oversee our COVID-19 protocols and procedures, including liaising with Toronto Public Health and managing our screening tools.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Diploma in Practical Nursing from an accredited College or University
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CPR and AED certified
- Certificate in Safe Talk and ASSIST
- Be familiar with the Child, Youth and Family Services Act
- All team members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary role of the School Nurse/Mental Health Worker is to provide support to staff and students. The School Nurse role may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide emergency first aid or health care to ill or injured staff and/or students, and determine if additional care is required (e.g. doctor, admission to Health Centre, hospital care)
- Complete incident reports and maintain student health records
- Develop and deliver health promotion programs to support overall health and wellbeing, including programs on nutrition, physical activity, mental health and wellbeing, health relationships, substance abuse, and other topics relevant to the student body or specific segments of the student body
- Provide education for parents, caregivers and staff on health promotion, disease prevention, childhood illnesses, and the control of communicable diseases
- Develop and deliver training programs for staff in such areas as immediate first aid, correct use of Epi-pens, wellness, etc.
- Oversee all COVID-19 related programs, protocols and procedures
- Be the liaison between the school and Toronto Public Health, as well as take care of all necessary paperwork.
This is a full-time term position and will being immediately.
Interested persons should send their resume to email@example.com. Please include the name and contact info of three references.