Public Health Nurse
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: 2021-54 Public Health Nurse
Start Date: Immediately
Terms: Full time 35 hours per week; Three Positions - Contract to July 31, 2022
Position Summary: Working in multiple Public Health programs that protect and promote health. As a local and regional team member, contributing to the successful implementation of NWHU’s strategic plan. Working within a team to provide services and collaborating with community members and within community partners for planning, implementing, and evaluating Public Health programs.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with, principles of adult and child education, social determinants of health, and population health promotion an asset
- Certification in Infection Control would be an asset
Salary: $34.58 - $47.69 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted via email only at:
- Applicants must reference posting 2021-54
- Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should
- contact Human Resources at 807-223-3301 Ext. 302579.
Deadline for Applications: Accepting applications until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.