Resident Wellness Manager
As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone's day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications. This is a 16 month contract positions. If this sounds like you – Consider joining our team today! Apply online - https://careers-sifton.icims.com/jobs/1456/resident-wellness-manager/job
About the Role
- The Resident Wellness Manager is responsible for the direct supervision and management of the wellness and personal care services, and acts as liaison with families and community contacts. Knows and interprets Corporate and Residence policies, procedures and practices and communicates these to the appropriate personnel.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies. Works in accordance with all industry and regulatory compliance agencies, the Ontario Retirement Communities Association, The Retirement Homes Act 2010 and O. Reg 166/1, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Fire Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and other pertinent legislated regulations/ standards.
- Assists the General Manager to ensure that the Residence-wide, interdisciplinary VIP Program is implemented and maintained in the Department. Ensures representation from Department on committees and teams that affect the service such as Infection Prevention and Control and Joint Health & Safety. Participates in Regional Committees, Best Practice initiatives and supports Corporate Office strategic goals. 12.
- Completes staff incident/accident reports and advises the General Manager immediately of all staff incidents that may result in a WSIB claim, or other serious occurrences. Actively participates in the Return to Work Program for affected team members.
- Participates in the Manager On Duty (MOD) rotational schedule
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in organizational management in residential care
- Knowledge of Ontario Residential Care Association standards and programs and relevant government legislation and standards.
- A current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Post nursing education in gerontology or other related program.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in order to effectively communicate electronically. Willingness to learn multiple computer applications related to Finance, Operations, Recognition and Customer Relations.
- Ability to meet time and financial restraints in service to residents and be effective with multiple interruptions in daily routine.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong organization and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstration of leadership and coaching skills. Experience in recruitment, policy implementation, and health and safety standards.
- Must successfully complete a Police Records Check and disclose any convictions, charges, restraining orders, probation orders and/or warrants during the course of employment that affect in any way the clear Police Records Check.
- Must provide documentation to support a Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) or Medical Note from Physician stating free from infectious disease.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.