Specific Department and Program:MSCU
Number of positions required:1
Posted Date:Feb 8, 2024
Posting #: 2023-920148
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Medical Surgical Care Unit
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday - Sunday - Various rotating 12 hour shifts; 0730-1930;1930-0730 (hours subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a healthcare culture and environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging with 'exemplary patient care, always' at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative center of excellence in community hospital care.
This is what you'll be doing:
The successful incumbent will provide safe, evidence-informed quality nursing care to an acute medical and surgical patient population by combining interpersonal communication with clinical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to function to the full scope of practice as per CNO
- Demonstrate the ability to competently assess the patient, intervene appropriately and evaluate outcomes
- Demonstrate the knowledge, experience and ability to provide care for patients with a variety of needs including but not limited to: initiation and maintenance of IV's, administration of medication delivered via various routes, blood and blood product administration, patient controlled analgesia, TPN care and maintenance of CVADs, capillary blood glucose monitoring, NG tubes, chest tubes, enteral feeds, wound management, oxygen therapy and tracheostomies
- Be able to provide appropriate care to pre-operative and post-operative patient
- Ability to interpret normal and abnormal telemetry strips
- Ability to interpret normal and abnormal laboratory values with appropriate nursing interventions
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize the delivery of care in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the RN as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate efficiently, effectively and respectfully to patients, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing patient-centered and family-centered care
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education
- Ability to fulfill the charge role for break coverage and on night shift
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Heart & Stroke approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at time of hire
- Recent medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting required
- Coronary Care I is required within 6 months of hire
- Previous cardiac monitoring experience preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education
- Preference will be given to those with telemetry experience
- Physical Assessment Course is an asset
- Strong patient assessment skills required
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player with strong public relations and organizational skills
- Caring, compassionate, customer focused attitude towards patients and families
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $37.93 to $54.37 per hour
Date Refreshed: February 8, 2024
Note for internals: Initial internal deadline passed, new applicants welcome to apply!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
All Halton Healthcare staff, professional staff and volunteers are encouraged to be vigilant about identifying and reporting safety incidents in their everyday practice. They also have a role in analysis, recommendations and follow through to implementation.