Hello, caring souls! At Aspira Waterford Kingston Retirement Residence, we're all about creating a haven of comfort and care for our beloved residents. If you're a nurse who believes in the power of healing with a touch of kindness, you're the heartbeat we're looking for.
- Opportunity to for Career advancement, independent assisted living, memory care living, lodge feel, educational growth and more!
As a Registered Practical Nurse your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Preparing and administering prescribed, routine, medications and treatments as directed by the Physician and in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario's Medication Administration Standards.
- Documenting and following up on all concerns and complaints forwarded by a Client, family or team members and informs/seeks assistance from the Registered Nurse or designate.
- Promoting the Client's self-care and self-sufficiency, emphasize adaptation and abilities, promote wellness and provide preventative health education, thus by treating the whole person.
- Completing all required assessments, RAPS and care plans within timeframes as required.
- Supporting the unregulated care workers through guidance, direction, training and education.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate.
- Current Medication Administration Certificate.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Geriatric Nursing, Healthcare and/or Rehabilitation as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
- As part of legislative requirements, all successful candidates must meet the provincial police check and tuberculosis screening requirements as applicable.
Bonus points for having:
- Post-graduate studies in Geriatrics and Nursing Administration is an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.