McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve - we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow's health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 12 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you'll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
Position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to individuals including the intravenous or injection administration of biologics or other specialty pharmaceutical products and promotes patient health by completing health reviews prior to treatment, reviews patient files and collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members as required, with the end goal of providing medical therapies or self- administration teaching to patients in an ambulatory setting.
The nurse uses critical thinking, therapeutic communication and clinical decision making skills to assess, plan, implement, educate and evaluate the patients' health situation throughout their treatment therapy.
Clinic Hours: Tuesday - Thursday, 8:00am - 4:00pm. Occasional Monday's/Friday's and evenings
Address: 30 McNaughton Ave, Wallaceburg, ON
- Assessing the health status of patients using a pre-screening process that covers contraindications, objective and subjective data, to determine eligibility in receiving medical therapies.
- Insertion of peripheral intravenous or establishing access via central lines using sterile technique and best practices from the standards and practices of the college.
- Studying patient files and prior post-administration records to understand patient's history.
- Handling and reconstituting biologic or oncology medication as per manufacturer and Heath Canada guidelines.
- Following provincial College of Nurses standards and guidelines on medication administration.
- Identifying patient care requirements; educating and providing counseling.
- Promoting patient independence; answering questions and teaching patients to understand their condition and medication.
- Documenting patient care services and managing records in accordance with INVIVA policies.
- Following INVIVA and nursing philosophies and standards of care.
- Following patient specific medical directives for administration and treatment of adverse events.
- Reporting adverse events in accordance with manufacturer specific requirements, Health Canada and INVIVA policy.
- Providing medical therapy monitoring and post administration observation and assessment.
- Maintaining knowledge of medical therapies as per Health Canada's Product Monograph.
- Maintaining knowledge of INVIVA policies and procedures.
- Participating with drug and clinic audits upon request.
- Following drug accountability requirements as per INVIVA policy and standard operating procedure.
- Actively participates in training and mentoring of new clinic staff.
- Completing training as required by INVIVA on: products and services, policies, technology, quality assurance and communications.
- Maintaining quality, safety and infection control standards to ensure safe nursing practice
- Maintaining continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Establishing a compassionate environment and supporting patients.
- Maintaining and protecting patient confidentiality.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintaining clinic medical and stationary supply levels.
- Maintaining up-to-date professional and technical knowledge by completing/attending educational workshops.
- Maintaining a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem- solving methods.
- Contributing to team effort and corporate goals.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, degree or equivalent
- RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario, Canada. Must be a member in good standing
- Infusion certification or equivalent experience a must
- Maintains CPR certification
- ACLS certification is an asset
- Maintains yearly practice membership with provincial College of Nurses Association must be in good standing
- Ability to work at various clinics depending on region
- If applicable - maintains yearly professional liability insurance (Ontario applicants)
- Critical care specific designation is an asset
- Professional designation
- Registered Nurse
- Excellent assessment and clinical decision-making skills
- Clinical, nursing and listening skills
- Ability to work autonomously and proficiently, especially in emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills with patients, colleagues and customers
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Team player
- Ability to work in a computerized environment (i.e. computer, MS Office, email, and electronic patient records)
- Adaptable to different kind of corporative environment
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That's why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position
$29.57 - $49.28
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!