The Registered Nurse on Medically Complex provides person-centered care to patients and is seen as a role model for their colleagues. The RN provides guidance and support to other nurses and is prepared to take on the leadership of the charge nurse role on the unit and to collaborate with other nurses within SPH as needed. The RN communicates and coordinates closely with both nurses and members of the multidisciplinary team to promote the best possible psycho-social, emotional, and physical outcomes for patients on Medically Complex. The RN is supported by the Clinical Manager and other nurses including Registered Practical Nurses, Nursing Case Managers, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Education and Development Clinician.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches (Basics Workshop) preferred
- Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Gerontological Nursing preferred
- Physical assessment skills and ability to detect changing health status
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with patients, families, peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams in an effective, professional, caring manner
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership ability and organizational skills, ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to attend work regularly; demonstrated by an acceptable attendance record
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.