The Registered Practical Nurse on Medically Complex provides person-centred care and functions within the full scope of practice of the RPN by gaining the knowledge and skills to build upon foundational knowledge to promote the best possible psycho-social, emotional, and physical outcomes for patients on Medically Complex. The RPN collaborates with the RN using the College of Nurses of Ontario's three-factor framework, and works closely with other nurses and members of the interdisciplinary team, and may assign tasks and elements of patient care to unregulated care providers. The RPN is supported by the Clinical Manager and other nurses including Registered Nurses, Nursing Case Managers, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Education and Development Clinician.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches (Basics Workshop) preferred
- Demonstrated competent nursing skill
- Basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with patients, families, peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams in an effective, professional, caring manner
- Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and safety requirements of the position
- Ability to attend work regularly; demonstrated by an acceptable attendance record
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.