Specific Department and Program:Level 2 ICU
Number of positions required:2
Posted Date:Feb 8, 2024
Posting #: 2024-927795
Position: Registered Nurse x 2
Status: Permanent Full-time
Empowering Our People
Are you considering a career in Level 2 Critical Care? Halton Healthcare is ready to invest in YOU!
We are offering our Registered Nursing staff an opportunity to participate in an on-site
Acute Care Course that will prepare you to work in our Level 2 ICU.
What we're offering:
- FULLY paid Acute Care Course to be completed through the Michener Institute of Education.
- In-class and practicum hours will be FULLY paid at your normal hourly rate.
- The opportunity to develop your critical care skills and work alongside a team of highly trained nurses, physicians and more!
- Following successful completion of the course, you will join our Level 2 Intensive Care Unit team to support our critical care needs.
What you need to know:
- Corporate Orientation to Halton Healthcare is held March 4, 2024
- In-class Instruction will take place virtually along with Clinical Practicum shifts.
- Must be available to attend the full duration of the course commencing: March 4, 2024 until April 26, 2024
- Following successful completion of the Acute Care course and practicum, you will provide a 24-month commitment to our Level 2 ICU at Georgetown Hospital.
- No previous critical care experience required!
What you need to do:
- Apply to this posting.
- A member of our Recruitment Team will connect with you to discuss your education, your work experience and your desire to work in critical care and will determine your suitability for the program.
- Successfully complete the Acute Care Course and practicum.
- Become a member of the Level 2 Intensive Care Unit team.
- Start a rewarding career as a Level 2 Critical Care Nurse!
Salary: $37.93 to 54.37 per hour
Date Refreshed: February 8, 2024
Note for internals: Initial internal deadline passed, new applicants welcome to apply!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
All Halton Healthcare staff, professional staff and volunteers are encouraged to be vigilant about identifying and reporting safety incidents in their everyday practice. They also have a role in analysis, recommendations and follow through to implementation.