We are hiring Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) to be a part of the School Immunization program in the Durham Region, Durham North & Clarington.
We are looking to hire for casual positions. Shifts are 8:30 am-3pm Monday-Friday. (1-3 days availability per week is required).
This Immunization Program will run from April- June 2024, with the opportunity to transfer into a visiting nursing position in your desired area afterwards.
Within this unique and rewarding role, you will administer the HPV, Meningitis, and Hepatitis vaccines in a school site setting to children. In addition, you may be administering the Covid-19 vaccine in a clinic setting, making an immediate and positive impact on those in the local community.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Extensive paid orientation
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A current CPR
- A valid driver's license and vehicle is an asset
- Current immunization record and vulnerable sector check required upon hire
- Willingness to travel throughout Durham region, Durham North & Clarington to all 9 locations: Whitby, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Ajax, Pickering, Beaverton, Oshawa, Scugog, Nestleton and Clarington.
- A willingness to attain required SE Health certifications
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Must be available to work minimum 1-3 days/week (Monday-Friday).
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We're a great place to work, and we hope you'll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.