Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital is actively seeking applicants for a Registered Nurse position in the OR/Surgical Suite.
Tillsonburg hospital has a robust surgical program that includes endoscopy, cataracts, general surgery, dental surgery, plastic surgery and orthopaedic surgery. A Registered Nurse employed in the surgical program will work shifts in the OR, endoscopy suite, pre-operative care and post-operative care units.Qualifications:
Other pertinent conditions:
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Canadian Nurses Association Perioperative Certification or successful completion of a recognized Perioperative Course is required.
- Recent Operating Room experience is required.
- Current B.L.S. required.
- Current A.C.L.S. preferred.
- Extent and type of past operating room experience will be considered if beyond five years.
- PACU, Day Surgery and Endoscopy experience considered an asset.
- Current Operating Room Nursing Association Membership considered an asset.
- SurgiNet experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships within a team to contribute to a positive work life.
- Is cognizant of emotions and experiences of others while communicating with patients, families and team members.
- Able to recognize the importance of managing your emotions and the impact that it has on team morale and performance.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
Applying to this Position:
- Salary per the ONA collective agreement ($37.93 per hour to $54.37 per hour)
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying for the position, please click on APPLY NOW
and submit a resume detailing your qualifications.
Must be available to work all shifts as required, which may include; weekends, statutory holidays, days,
evenings and night shifts. Hours are subject to change based on operation needs of the hospital.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID19, the Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received the required doses of
COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital (TDMH) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by TDMH regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.