C4 is an inpatient unit providing care for individuals with malignant hematological diseases. The primary modes of therapy are intensive chemotherapy, transfusion and antibiotic support for immunosuppression and stem cell transplantation.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Practical Nurse provides patient care within the scope of Practice of a Registered Practical Nurse.
- Current certification of Registration with the college of nursing Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Certifications in Medication administration, enteral nutrition, VIA Gastrostomy tube, urinary bladder, catheterization, transcription of Physicians orders, Advance wound care, and Airway Management, or has completed equivalent community college studies.
- Recent experience in an acute settings.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an environment which is fast paced, with unpredictable patient outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with the RN and on the healthcare professionals, including the ability and willingness to accept assignments and request.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.