Registered Nurse – Inpatient Pediatrics
At Grand River Hospital we are building a world class health care system supporting healthier lives for the communities we serve. We value people above all else and the experiences of our patients and their families, our team members, and our partners are at the very top of our agenda.
Through our values of CARE; TRUST AND BE TRUSTWORTHY; COURAGE TO START, HEART TO FINISH and WELCOME ONE TO WELCOME ALL we leverage the collective talents and strengths of our GRH team, our community, and our partners to innovate and accelerate the transformation of health care delivery.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Registered Nurses (RN) to join our Teams.
How Registered Nurses (RN) support our teams at Grand River Hospital:
At Grand River Hospital, our Registered Nurses (RN) are key members of our interdisciplinary teams. Delivering exceptional care to our patients and ensuring a safe, supportive and welcoming environment, our RNs also:
- Support and promote collaborative team practices
- Utilize evidence-based practices and analysis of outcomes to identify opportunities for improvement and promote professional accountability
- Act as role models to our nursing and support team members
- Effectively manage unit resources
- Consult with our multidiscipline teams to ensure our patients receive the highest level of care and support
At Grand River Hospital, our Pediatric Registered Nurses (RNs):
Provide exemplary pediatric patient care that is patient and family focused and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to patients and their families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment. Our Pediatric Registered Nurses currently have:
- Valid license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- One year of recent experience in acute pediatric nursing. Nurses who have recently graduated who have consolidated in Pediatrics for their final placement will be considered.
- Current BCLS HCP certification
- Completion of a 16hr in-person breastfeeding course mandatory. Course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Current PALS Provider status. Applicants not holding PALS provider status may be considered however course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Good attendance record
At Grand River Hospital we support our Team Members with:
- A thorough onboarding and orientation program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Ongoing Education Fund
- Career mentorship
- Wellness programs
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.