Medical/Surgical/Complex Continuing Care & Medical Surgical
Working together to provide outstanding integrated health care to our communities delivering best patient outcomes with exemplary standards and compassion, Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare (MAHC) is a multi-site organization that includes Huntsville District Memorial Hospital Site and South Muskoka Memorial Hospital Site.
As a Registered Nurse working within MAHC’s Medical/Surgical/Complex Continuing Care or Medical/Surgical units you will utilize your skills and expertise to provide clinical leadership and contribute to the function of the nursing unit, ensuring that optimum and quality patient-focused care is provided at all times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION(S)
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recognized nursing certifications and credentials (for example: Emergency Nursing, Obstetrical Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, ACLS,etc.) an asset.
- Current CPR – HCP (Health Care Provider)
- Ongoing education to update Geriatric nursing skills
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE(S)
- Visible and approachable for patients, families and staff with ongoing communication regarding patient monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Excellent client counselling, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and effectively interact as a team member in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Effective leader, organizer and planner capable of making timely decisions and exercising tact and good judgement.
- Effective time management skills.
- Current knowledge of drugs, treatments and their interactions.
ADDITIONAL PERKS AT MAHC
- Ministry of Health’s Tuition Support Program for rural and remote communities.
- Community Commitment Program for Nurses (you could qualify for $25,000)
- Signing Bonus! You could qualify for $5000 (Only applicable for external applicants applying for Permanent Part Time and Permanent Full Time positions)
- Staff referral program (Earn up to $1000 for each successful Permanent Part Time and Permanent Full Time new hire you refer to MAHC)
- Return to Service Grants
- Peer Mentorship
- Extended health benefits
- Enrolment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
WHY IS MAHC RIGHT FOR YOU?
Imagine working in a place you love to visit on vacation! A career with MAHC lets you do just that. We are located in one of the top international tourist destinations in Canada; positioned just two (2) hours north of Toronto in beautiful cottage country surrounded by vibrant natural beauty, pristine lakes, majestic forests and rocky shorelines.
Our communities are small in size but big in excitement; there are always local fundraisers, farmers markets, live events, pubs and locally owned stores to shop in. There are a variety of seasonal, year-round activities to keep you busy and fully embraced in the lifestyle that Muskoka has to offer from hiking, fishing, snowshoeing, downhill skiing, heading to Algonquin Park or Arrowhead Park for the day, running and cycling clubs, camping, sitting on a warm sunny patio downtown, or simply relaxing by the lake with your friends. Life here is good!
LET US HELP YOU MAKE YOUR MOVE!
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare has launched the Housing for Healthcare initiative to help MAHC team members (both new recruits and existing staff) connect with housing options in our communities. For more information on this initiative click on this link Housing for Healthcare
Salary Range: $37.93 - $54.37 per hour
Position Types: Full Time and Part Time
Location(s): South Muskoka Memorial Hospital (SMMH) located in Bracebridge and Huntsville District Memorial Hospital located in Huntsville.
Department: Inpatient & Rehabilitation Services (Med/Surg/CCC & Med/Surg)
Hours of Work: Must be available to work shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends. Shifts and hours may change according to departmental requirements per the collective agreement.
As a condition of employment, external hires are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
Our organization: MAHC is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We encourage applicants from all equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, individuals who identity as Indigenous, racialized, seniors, persons living with disabilities, women, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ.
Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in becoming a part of an energetic, caring team in a fast-paced and rewarding environment can submit their cover letter and resume as either a PDF or Word document(s) to postings listed on mahc.ca by 11:59pm on the listed closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Selection will be based on the skill, ability, experience and qualifications. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview or other applicable testing where required.