Nurse Practitioner - Transitional Care Programs
Part Time Position
Working as a member of the inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide specialized services in the management of patient care. The NP functions in an expanded role demonstrating a high level of autonomy and is responsible for: conducting patient assessments, diagnosing; ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests; prescribing pharmaceuticals and performing specific procedures within the legislated scope of practice. Working in collaboration with the inter-professional team, the NP will ensure a timely response to a patient's changing health status and needs; and provide direct patient care focusing on health promotion and maximizing patient's safety and function to support frail seniors within our care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports the needs of patient populations including innovative approaches to care delivery
· Provides comprehensive primary care to the patients as part of an interdisciplinary/inter professional team focused on creation of a person-centered plan of care
· Reviews and updates primary care activities in line with organization goals and projected outcomes
· Promotes evidence-based practice through the use of latest research-based guidelines
· Ensures the provision of safe, evidence based, cost effective, patient and family centered care
· Identifies and implement appropriate clinical documentation and record keeping practices
· Keeps up to date with health-related policy and implement if deemed appropriate to impact patient care in a positive manner
· Participates in ongoing quality monitoring and improvement
· Participates in creating, delivering, and maintaining an exceptional quality program
· Creates an environment that builds on the principles of integrated team approach
Bayshore Healthcare is an organization full of heart, creating special moments for clients every day. These moments touch the lives of our clients and our employees, and they guide the way we run our business. These moments inspire, change, and encourage us. They are what we call the Bayshore difference - "Imagine being the difference". Bayshore Healthcare is a privately-owned Canadian company; a recipient of Canada's Best Managed Companies award since 2006. The Bayshore brand has delivered consistent growth in Home Health, Home Care Solutions and Specialty Rx with over 100 locations across Canada, including home care offices, pharmacies, and infusion clinics. Bayshore has over 14,000 employees and over 350,000 clients.
· Completion of a recognized Primary Care or Adult Nurse Practitioner program with a minimum of 3 years of geriatric experience required.
· Able to prescribe controlled substances as authorized by CNO.
· Master of Nursing.
· Current Extended Class certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Sound working knowledge of hospital nursing functions, current needs in nursing, health care and geriatric care.
· Previous experience in clinical work with geriatric clients; diagnosing and staging of dementia.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to assess situations and problems efficiently and effectively.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, experience with written documentation, care plans and dictation.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, collaborative, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work well within an inter-professional team and to foster effective working relationships.
· Ability to exercise initiative and observe strict confidentiality.
· demonstrated commitment to Bayshore core values
· Expert wound care and IV skills
This position is ideal for a NP with a passion for patient care. Hours will require flexibility and may include evening and weekend work.
At Bayshore HealthCare, we take pride in creating an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Our vision is about being the difference in the lives of those we care for, work with and the communities we serve.
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of employment.