Bayshore Specialty RX is growing and we are seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse to work in the community as well as our Infusion Clinic in the Brockville and surrounding area(s). flexible, casual schedules.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to "be the difference" by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Available locations: Kingston
Bayshore strives to take good care of you - while you take care of others:
· Feel rewarded for doing what you love - Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
· Chart your path - Take charge of your day and manage what's important to you. We offer work flexibility designed to empower you. As a Nurse with Bayshore, choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
· Shape the wellbeing of your clients & communities - Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
· Realize your full potential - We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
· Work in a safe and healthy work environment - We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
What you will do
Specialty pharma nurse (SPN), under the direction of the Specialty Pharma Supervisor and/or Regional Specialty Pharma Manager, delivers and monitors specialized infusion or injectable pharmacological treatments in clinic setting. The infusion nurse is responsible for monitoring the client for infusion related reactions (intervening as required), accurately documenting the procedure, and submitting reporting in a timely manner. is expected to maintain effective communication with the Specialty Nursing Supervisor to ensure patient safety and satisfaction. Specialized pharmacological training will be provided.
• Obtain IV access through peripheral IV initiation or central line access (PICC, IVAD, etc.)
• Conduct patient health assessments and medication administration teaching
• Prepare and administer specialized intravenous or injectable pharmacological treatments
• Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and provincial body standards
• Provide patient centered care according to the established care plan or medical directive in clinical setting
• Provide peripheral intravenous administration skills (e.g., PIVs, CVADs and PICCs)
• Work independently in clinical setting
• Oncology certification or other specialized certifications will be seen as an asset
• Manage relationships utilizing a proven track record of exceptional customer service skills
• Read and interpret technical instructions related to client care with ability to transcribe physician's orders
Qualifications - External
• Graduated from an accredited nursing education program;
• Current Registered Practical Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body;
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification;
Graduated from an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
Current registration and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification;
Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is an asset.
Experience in acute care and/or with administering specialty pharmaceuticals;
Experience with home care is an asset;
Critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology experience is preferred;
Exceptional peripheral IV initiation skills;
Experience with central lines (IVAD, PICC, etc.) is an asset
Exceptional client assessment skills
Strong communication skills
Able to manage relationships with exceptional customer service;
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations;
Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
Able to transcribe physician's orders;
Valid drivers license.
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. Dependent upon Provincial government regulations, and the position being applied for, new hires may be required to provide proof of vaccination against illnesses such as COVID-19, Hepatitis, Seasonal Flu etc. Please speak with the recruiter for Provincial and/or position specific requirements. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
"At Bayshore Healthcare, our commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is our strength. This is how we bring our vision of being the difference in the lives of those we care for, work with and in our communities. We have a great sense of pride in creating a culture of belonging, where individual differences are embraced and celebrated, through programs, resources and policies that support each individuals purpose, potential and wellbeing."
Bayshore operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and applicable Provincial Human Rights Codes.