Royale Place Retirement is a fully independent retirement community that has a wonderfully friendly and welcoming atmosphere and feel to it. We have a large number of amenity spaces including a library, fitness studio, heated indoor pool and hot tub, theater, bistro and many more. In addition, we have a fantastic number of outdoor spaces at our community as well. From our upper patio, to our picturesque gazebo, to our walking paths that overlook a tree lined ravine, we are fortune to be able to call these spaces ours.
If you're passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Registered Practical Nurse is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Registered Practical Nurse your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Providing nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician's orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of an RPN.
- Creating a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, autonomy, independence and individuality, and maintenance of personal lifestyle and values.
- Fostering an atmosphere that is conducive to the provision of optimal care, and the effective functioning of the assigned Community Area through collaboration with other team members, monitoring resident care, communicating with the residents and family members, and providing guidance to Personal Support Workers/Unregulated team members assigned to the care unit.
- Liaising with medical team members, nurse specialists, and consultants in an effort to support effective clinical care for all residents.
- Demonstrating professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing.
- Current registration as Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Minimum one year experience in Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Retirement or Long Term Care as a Registered Practical Nurse is preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.