CBI Health is proud to be an approved partner of the WeRPN BEGIN Program!
The Bridging Educational Grant in Nursing (BEGIN) program was created by WeRPN in partnership with the Ontario Government. As part of a commitment to recruit nurses to the Long-Term Care (LTC) and Home and Community Care (HCC) sectors, BEGIN helps Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) explore new professional pathways and bridge to RPN and RN roles.
Eligible participants enrolled in an accredited PSW/RPN, RPN/RN, or PSW/RN program can access BEGIN grants to reimburse their tuition and mandatory ancillary fees. Participants in the program will commit to a year of employment with CBI Health, for every year or portion of a year that they receive funding for their education (up to three years) through a Return of Service Agreement. Upon graduation from their programs, participants will make a positive impact on our provincial healthcare system.
Apply here to learn more!
If you are currently enrolled in an approved program, and are looking for a position to complete your Return of Service Agreement, here's a list of the locations that we service
- Kingston, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Peterborough, ON
- Newmarket, ON
- Toronto, ON
- London, ON
- Simcoe, ON
A little bit more about our positions (can vary by location):
Every day will be different! As a Community Nurse (RN/ RPN), you will make a difference in the lives of people within their homes, schools (paediatric) and other community locations. You will be able to apply your clinical skills in areas such as wound care, IV therapy, palliative care, paediatric care, tube feeding and medication administration, as well as health teaching. Your person and family centered approach to care will guide your decision making and facilitate collaborative care with each member of the interdisciplinary team. Your managers and peers are easily accessible to you to provide mentorship and support for ongoing development and clinical excellence. Your critical role of home health care supports the larger health system, and you will demonstrate confidence in navigating clients and families to other resources to help them meet their goals.
Here's a look at our total rewards:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Shift & Weekend premiums
- Transportation/ Mileage allowance
- Paid orientation and training time
- Group benefit plan, including Employee Assistance program
- Mobile technology and training provided
- Flexible scheduling for a great work-life balance
- Supportive supervisory and management team who listen and support you
- Safety-first work culture a top priority
- Opportunities to grow your career within CBI Health's national network
- CBI Health is an approved employer in the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. Eligible Nurses can earn a $25,000 incentive!*
What you will need to be successful:
- Registered (or working towards) with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Enrolled in an accredited PSW/RPN, RPN/RN, or PSW/RN program and accessing/applying for BEGIN grants
- A clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening
- Proof of negative TB test and professional liability insurance
- Ability to travel within the community - a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance may be required
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, bilingual in French an asset
Join us at CBI Health - Because Your Care Matters.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and CBI Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests