As a key member of the Shepherd Lodge clinical team, the Registered Nurse-Extended Class, under the direction of the Director of Care and working together with the current NP, will demonstrate expert-level knowledge, skills and leadership in providing acute and episodic care for the Residents of our Long Term Care Facility. The RN-EC will play a vital role in the efficient & effective provision of high-quality nursing services and therapeutic programs, which promote the health, well-being, comfort & independence of our Residents.
The Registered Nurse-Extended Class will;
- Utilize advanced level clinical skills in collecting & interpreting medical information, conducting health assessments and formulating medical diagnoses
- Provide vital clinical contributions in the development of Resident care plans, care conferences, implementing and evaluating of clinical decisions.
- Facilitate the coordination and involvement of key stakeholders, including Physicians, clinical staff and families, in the development of Resident care plans, with a focus on patient-centered care.
- Assume a key role in various clinical programs; including skin & wound care, infection control, pain management, palliative care, and various quality improvement initiatives; ensuring the use of best practices and industry standards
- Demonstrate leadership in the education, mentoring, support and communication with staff, Residents and families
- Work collaboratively amongst an interdisciplinary team; build & foster external relationships, represent the Home when networking with professional organizations
- Ensure compliance with legislated standards and regulations, including, but not limited to; the Long Term Care Homes Act, Occupational Health Safety Act, CNO Guidelines & Reflective Practices, and the policies & procedures of the Home
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership, integrity and accountability, while working in a team environment that promotes communication, collaboration and respect. The successful candidate must possess the ability to thrive in a high demand and highly regulated environment.
You will be expected to represent Shepherd Village in a courteous and professional manner, while maintaining amicable relationships with peers, subordinates, Residents & families in keeping with the Shepherd Village Mission, Vision & Values.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications & skills:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), required
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MScN), required
- Experience practicing as an RNEC in a long-term care, or geriatric setting, preferred
- GPA, PIECES or other seniors-focused training or professional development, an asset
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Point Click Care and MS Office suite
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to exercise empathy and discretion
- Flexible, team-player, able to build and maintain positive working relationships
Start rate is $ 53.65 / hour.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are committed to accessibility in the candidate application and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the vacant position. Applicants are asked to please make their accommodation requirements known when contacted.
Successful candidates must provide a complete and current (i.e. within six months prior to hire date) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.