DEPARTMENT: EATING DISORDERS ONTARIO- PREVENTION (EDO-P)
POSITION: ONE (1) PERMANENT FULL TIME PREVENTION SPECIALIST
SITE: NBRHC – NORTH EAST ONTARIO-FLEXIBLE (EX. SUDBURY,
TIMMINS, SAULT STE. MARIE)
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant health or mental health discipline
- Must be registered with one of the following professional colleges: OSWSSW, CRPO, CNO, COTO
- At minimum over three (3) years up to and including four (4) years practical and related experience and/or three (3) months on the-job training required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health setting with a focus on children and youth.
- Psychotherapy qualifications, community development and/or public health experience; asset
- Experience required in health promotion, health education, or child/youth education.
- Experience with related child/youth mental health areas and community development; asset
- Experience working with anxiety disorders, depression, past trauma or eating disorders or motivational enhancement
- Knowledge and experience of health promotion, population health, community development principles, as well as the determinants of health required.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in adult learning principles.
- Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the unique needs and context of local communities
- Understanding/knowledge of conventional and alternative health practices and how these practices may relate to health and wellness required.
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skill.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Facilitation skills and ability to drive consensus across different sectors (clinical, professional, educator, and various community groups), both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, making the best use of own skills and expertise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other program staff and community practitioners in order to provide activities, programs and services required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate in a thorough, clear and timely manner required.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for the innate strengths of individuals and communities required.
- Respect and application of the principles of cultural safety and diversity
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure personal safety, safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors.
- Ability to support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events required.
- Must demonstrate good attendance.
- Bilingualism is required as determined by compliance with the French Language Services Act
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check recent within six (6) months is a requirement
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file OPSEU MH-23-113
The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Please note these postings are subject to change without notice. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
NBRHC is committed to achieving 100% compliance with its COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. As a result, please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at the Health Centre, all new hires must be compliant with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment. To be considered fully vaccinated, an individual must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (e.g. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series) and received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
The requirement that successful applicants be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
NORTH BAY REGIONAL HEALTH CENTRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER