Trent University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact Dr. Hugo Lehmann (email@example.com)
Trent University invites applications for a tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Trent-Fleming School of Nursing (TFSON). The position could commence as early as July 1, 2024, subject to budgetary approval, and will be located at the beautiful Symons campus set on the banks of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
Trent University is the top-ranked primarily undergraduate university in Ontario with a record of excellence in both teaching and research. The TFSON is distinguished by its transformative education and offers a collaborative and compressed Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. The TFSON also has a Master of Science in Nursing with Ontario Tech University, and two Graduate Diplomas – one in Mental Health and Addictions Nursing and the other in Dementia.
We are particularly interested in an academic nurse with acute and/or chronic care expertise. The successful candidate will engage in a combination of teaching, research, and service duties in line with their appointed rank. The successful candidate will also contribute to building TFSON’s areas of strength in aging, mental, Indigenous, gender, and women’s and rural health.
- Candidates must have a completed (or close to completed) doctorate.
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least one completed graduate degree in Nursing.
- Expertise in Acute and/or Chronic Care nursing, capable of teaching in the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The capacity to teach acute- and/or chronic-care related courses such as pharmacology and life sciences, as well as clinically-related courses.
- Candidates will have evidence of a strong and active research program, potential to secure external funding, and a commitment to mentorship and excellence in teaching.
- Applicants for this position will be Registered Nurses (General or Extended class) who are eligible to practice with no restrictions with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Candidates are invited to submit applications in a single PDF by email to Dr. Hugo Lehmann, Acting Dean, Trent/Fleming School of Nursing, Trent University, Peterborough, ON K9J7B8; firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a covering letter detailing the candidate’s suitability for the position, a curriculum vitae and information including:
- A research record and trajectory demonstrating scholarly promise through peer reviewed publications;
- Capacity for teaching excellence as evidenced by a teaching dossier, which typically includes a teaching philosophy statement, examples of best practices in pedagogy, sample syllabi, summaries of student experience surveys, and/or other relevant achievements in teaching;
- The names and contact information of three (3) individuals who may be asked by the TFSON to send confidential letters of reference.
Trent University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Preference will be given to candidates from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous People (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities or racialized groups and LGBTQ2+ people.