SE Health Now Hiring Personal Support Workers to Provide Casual Staffing Relief to Hospitals
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You'll have an opportunity - and will be supported - to do different types of patient-facing nursing roles in different locations if that is what you're interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you use your nursing skills as a foundation to contribute and make an impact in different ways
- Subsidized OPSWA memberships
- Flexible shifts and self-scheduling
- Variety of Available Locations across the Greater Toronto and Surrounding Areas
ABOUT STAFFING SOLUTIONS:
The Saint Elizabeth Staffing Solutions team provides temporary replacement staff to supplement the needs of hospitals requiring qualified short-term or long-term medical relief staff. We are a full-service medical staffing relief agency providing service across Ontario. A preferred supplier of nursing and personal support workers to hospitals throughout the GTA, we also support organizations across Ontario including Ottawa, Hamilton, Oakville, Mississauga, Brant and the surrounding areas. There is a minimum 3 shift per month commitment, allowing all employees to select their own schedule and hospitals of interest.
- Changing non-sterile dressings
- Transferring, positioning & turning
- Exercising Range of motion with clients
- Assist patients with eating
- Communication skills are essential
- PSW Certificate from an Accredited college
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Recent experience in hospital setting preferred
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCVI) Certificate an asset
- Proper Utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) provided and identify and report hazards
- Able to take direction
- Safe body mechanics training
- Availability to work, days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We're a great place to work, and we hope you'll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online RachelWeatherbee@sehc.com