Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Resource Nurse is responsible for promoting excellence in patient and family care by supporting the integration of best practices, promoting ongoing learning and development of the nursing team, fostering inter-professional communication and relationships, and ensuring that patients receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time. The Resource Nurse will help develop and implement program improvement and quality initiatives related to nursing care. This role may require you to cover nursing assignments and/or assist in direct patient care as required.
- Liaising with the discharge and access and flow coordinators and admitting staff to coordinate the appropriate bed assignment as well as other members of the inter-professional team to ensure a coordinated approach to patient discharge and transfer
- Collaborating with inter-professional teams, including Home and Community Care Support Services Central West, to utilize available resources in the most efficient and effective manner possible with the aim of promoting patient flow and a positive patient experience
- Ensuring that narcotic and controlled substance activities are resolved prior to completion of each unique shift including discrepancies, scheduled counts and shift reports
- Working with and maintaining a therapeutic relationship with the physician team members
- Maintaining current knowledge of emergency preparedness protocols and procedures and the appropriate responses to emergency codes
- Acting as the lead during emergency codes, which may involve reporting to the command center and as the fire warden for the inpatient area
- Liaise with the environmental services team and/or the access and flow coordinator to facilitate timely bed/room cleaning and patient transport