Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: eHomecare
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: Yes
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal, and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
The Manager Home and Community Care (HCC)- Registered Nurse provides professional and practice leadership to staff and is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe, effective quality client care within their program area. The position is accountable for working as part of an integrated Regional management team to ensure the successful execution of site operational goals and for managing the delivery of in-home care services, staff hiring, supervision and training, client service programs and team operations.
At VON, we nurture leadership skills, lifelong learning, and collaborative working relationships amongst our teams. We offer Leadership Development designed to help our Managers succeed in their careers.
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day to day functions and performance of front-line staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures and standards.
- Assists staff to complete risk assessments, investigations of issues, injuries and reporting related to client or employee incidents.
- Monitors performance related to funder expectations regularly and contributes to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities to achieve performance targets through monitoring of reported services.
- Guides new employees through the orientation process and ensures all probationary reviews and stay interviews are completed.
- Applies a working knowledge of the relevant collective agreements and application of local labour rules in daily decision-making activities.
- Participates in budget preparation, financial performance management and measurement reports.
- Participates in local, regional or national team or committees as required such as Quality Care and Service, Joint Occupational Health and Safety, Accreditation, Recruitment and Retention.
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, develops team procedures and guidelines to ensure best practices are met in the completion of all tasks or programs.
- Builds and sustains strategic relationships with current, new and prospective VON partners, and community organizations.
- Receives and documents all employee, family and client complaints or issues related to service delivery; engages other VON managers in resolving the issue or complaint and escalates, if required, to the appropriate Director.
- Participates on the on-call rotation.
- Ensures occupational health and safety policies, programs and activities are performed by staff, in compliance with VON's health and safety policies and guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assesses and documents community needs and assists in developing business and funding proposals to meet emerging opportunities.
- Provides support for department presentations and reports.
- Completes reports for internal and external stakeholders conducting relevant analysis and ensuring timely submission.
- Completes risk assessments, investigations of issues, incidents or injuries as required.
- Facilitates front line staff development and growth using a team approach and working in concert with the practice leaders, educators, preceptors and clinical experts to facilitate excellent outcomes for quality care delivery, client service and provider safety, and service provider competence. This includes and is not limited to use of competency assessments, annual performance development plans, individual learning plans, referral to practice educators and on-going mentorship.
- Provides service provider personnel with access to clinical advice, support and clinical reference resources.
- Assists with the delivery of in-home care services, as required.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
- Regulated Health Professional and certification as a Registered Nurse
- 5 years' experience in functional area they are overseeing preferred
- 2 years' experience managing others preferred
- Experience in community work and working with community partners in a collaborative way
- Experience engaging with municipal, provincial and national external groups in a related field.
- Experience in negotiation, conflict management, financial management and working with staff and volunteers
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
If you're excited about this opportunity, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. Leadership development is important at VON and critical to our growth and development. You may be the right candidate for the role, and we have the tools to help you grow.
- Excellent critical thinking, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively structure daily work activities with minimal supervision.
- High level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise innovation and identifying opportunities by practicing LEAN principles and methodologies.
- Strong public relations and networking skills.
- Demonstrated skillsets in leadership, and team building.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- Must have a personal vehicle or access to reliable transportation and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance, if applicable.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Willingness to travel regularly during the day as well as periodically overnight(s) to support sites and attend meetings.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.