Alio Health is currently recruiting experienced Nurses in Ontario to support our patients in a hospital setting in Kingston, ON! Accommodations and travel will be compensated. Support will be needed for approximately 6 months, with nurses committing to approximately 1-week assignments at a time. (4-week commitment total).
The RN/RPN is responsible for working with other healthcare professionals to help treat patients with various injuries, illnesses, or disabilities. Their duties include communicating with an interdisciplinary team about patient needs, administering IVs and medications to aid their patients' health, and using medical equipment to monitor patients' vital signs.
Duties may include:
- Performing physical examinations and diagnostic tests.
- Collecting patient health history.
- Counseling and educating patients and their families on treatment plans.
- Administering medication, changing wound dressings, and caring for other treatment options.
- Reading and interpreting patient information and making treatment decisions when appropriate.
- Consulting with supervisors and doctors to decide on the best treatment plan for patients.
- Accessing Central Lines.
- Management of CADD pumps for the palliative care patient population.
- Management of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Taking care of complex medical patients including management of:
- Chest tubes
- Enteral feeds
- Complex wounds/vac dressings
- Ostomies, catheters, drains
- varying levels of physical and mental abilities
- Fulfill other duties as needed.
Qualifications and experience:
- Valid RN or RPN license in ON.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on, post-graduation, nursing experience.
- Must be able to work independently to organize, prioritize and schedule patient visits according to patient availability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, health professionals, and industry personnel.
- Must have established home office (including computer, internet connection, mobile phone).