$5,000 Signing Bonus + $2,000 Retention Bonus (6 months)
Newly increased pay rates HFO offers a $25,000 CCPN incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment*
Join Our Dynamic Team as an NSWOC!
Are you a passionate and skilled registered nurse (RN) specializing in wound, ostomy and continence, looking to make a meaningful impact? If so, we want you to join our innovative VON healthcare team as an NSWOC!
As an NSWOC with VON, your specialized skills and knowledge will be leveraged to provide comprehensive wound assessments, ostomy care, and continence management. You may work in the client's home or a clinic, and will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to create personalized care plans that promote healing, comfort, and improved quality of life for our clients. You will help alleviate healthcare system challenges through the NSWOC Power of Three; provision of higher quality care, reduced costs and improved outcomes for patients.
Experience Job Satisfaction:
- Improve Client Care Planning and Continuity: Assess and educate clients and their families, implement outcome-directed co-designed care plans, and incorporate education, counselling, and discharge planning as necessary to help individuals achieve their individual health goals.
- Enhance Your Clinical Expertise: Support specialized, progressive treatment modalities and case management, following established nursing principles that have demonstrated optimal wound and ostomy management and improved client outcomes.
- Empower Your Clients and their Families: Utilizing adult learning principles and evidence-based teaching materials to educate clients and families, you will empower clients to make informed decisions about their health and service requirements.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team: Act as a clinical resource and mentor other care providers, staff, and students, promoting an interprofessional collaborative team and improving clinical capacity development.
- Collaborate with Peers: Work autonomously, but not alone. VON NSWOCs across the province meet virtually every week to discuss hard cases or uncommon experiences.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Travel compensation
- Smartphone to keep you connected during work time
- Clinic work, where applicable
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- An opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- The opportunity to grow your career with VON
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Completion of Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence Canada (NSWOCC) WOC-EP program, or;
- International Interprofessional Wound Care Course (IIWCC), or;
- Master's prepared Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with formal skin and wound care education
- Three years of experience in the community or acute care setting focusing on wound care is preferred
- Experience in community and home care is preferred
- Ability to observe and make effective assessments of clinical issues
- Ability to initiate and support health teaching
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow for effective engagement with clients, staff, and the public
VON is a leading healthcare organization dedicated to providing exceptional care and support to our clients. We offer role autonomy and a collaborative environment where each team member plays a critical role in delivering high-quality client care. We believe in investing in our staff's growth and development and ensuring a fulfilling and rewarding career path for everyone on our team.
Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
If you're seeking a fulfilling and challenging career as an NSWOC, apply and become part of our exceptional healthcare team.
- You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Apply now and make a difference with VON!