REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE Amica Little Lake Temporary Full-Time Nights - 12 Month Contract Every Other Weekend Availbility Required
At Amica we are united in our purpose to provide the best care in Senior Living in a supportive environment. We are setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. We are committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, and offer Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL) and Memory Care (MC) lifestyle options. Established in 1996, we own and operate over 30 residences in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, and continue to grow in select markets. Find out how you can become part of a team where you belong and make a real impact every day.A day in the life of a Registered Practical Nurse:
As the Registered Practical Nurse you are responsible for providing direct nursing care to residents, including providing direction and guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living and programs developed to enhance the psychological, social, spiritual and recreational needs of residents. How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Completion of an approved Practical Nursing program with approved scope of practice. Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services required.
- Maintains a consistent well-groomed appearance/hygiene at all times.
What we are looking for:
- Good oral and verbal communication skills - English is essential; French would be an asset.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care.
- Is capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
- Positive public relation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents and families.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
At Amica Senior Lifestyles we are passionate about working together in a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters innovation and turns ideas into action. We remain committed to creating workplaces that reflect the communities in which we operate. We are actively seeking applicants from all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, Black, Indigenous, racialized people, and persons with disabilities and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.