Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women's and Children's Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to creating healthier communities together
. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of the Medicine Team, the Registered Nurse delivers exceptional patient care through the application of the nursing process which includes assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating. The successful incumbent will collaborate with multidisciplinary health care professionals to provide nursing care in accordance with hospital policies and best practice nursing standards. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating patient care according to the Three Factor Framework, discharge planning, patient and family education, and charge nurse duties.
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Other duties as per job fact sheet.Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.Skills and Qualifications:
* As per the O.N.A. collective agreement all O.N.A. members (full-time, part-time and casual) are eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse in good standing required
- Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- Current Basic Cardia Arrhythmia Interpretation certificate required
- Current CPR certificate required
- Excellent physical assessment skills required
- Minimum of one recent year medical experience within a hospital setting, required
- Telemetry and/or oncologic and palliative nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of ongoing professional education required in related clinical area
- Demonstrated ability to integrate discharge planning and appropriate use of community resources into client's care plan required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a patient centered, multi-disciplinary team environment is essential
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills required
- I.V. trained and certified or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire required
- Certification in central line care required or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire required
- Must demonstrate familiarity with blood products and protocols, including the indication and use of special filters for transfusions
- Experience and demonstrated ability in CADD pump programming and maintenance or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire preferred
- Knowledge, experience and competence in managing complex pain and symptoms related to disease processes and palliation preferred
- Must demonstrate psychosocial skills and relevant experience with offering supportive emotional care to the patient and their family/significant others from all cultural backgrounds
- Experience with Meditech system modules preferred
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH. CMH Inclusion Statement
At Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), community matters to us. We acknowledge and are grateful for the opportunity to meet, work and offer healthcare on what is the traditional territories for the Anishinaabe, the Haudenosaunee and the Chinnonton.
We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace; one that generates belonging. We want a work culture where people are free to express their authentic selves and are able to bring their best daily. That includes a workplace that is free from violence, harassment and discrimination of any kind.
We welcome all applicants and encourage members of equity-deserving groups including Indigenous and LGBTQ2SIA+ communities regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, neurodiversity or physical ability. We promise to ask if needed, and to provide reasonable accommodation to you during the recruitment and selection process to ensure an equitable experience.
To support all of us in this journey, Cambridge Memorial Hospital is an employee partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI) and provides access to all CMH members to CCDI resources and education. We encourage you to reflect upon our inclusive commitment to you as we welcome and encourage you to explore a promising future career at CMH.
Mari Iromoto Executive Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Susan Toth, Director of Human Resources We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.