Temporary Full-time Position: 35 hours per week
Contract Period: November 2023 to September 27, 2024
Expecting Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: $57.63 to $68.48 per hour
Location: East Mississauga Site
LAMP Community Health Centre is a multi-service, community based charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to improve a person's health. LAMP uses a co-ordinated approach to connect people to medical services and other programs that build personal resources. By providing services that improve physical, emotional, social and economic well-being, people can better control their health and environment.
The Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse with extended class registration and advanced education. Working in partnership with other clinical staff in Primary Health Care to provide a full range of health care services to ongoing clients registered to the LAMP Primary Health Care program.
Clients include the individual, families and the LAMP community. Health care services emphasises health promotion and disease prevention and the NP practices are evidence-based.
The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Manager of Clinical Services and ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Provide primary health care services within the defined Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner extended class scope of practice and Bill 179 (Regulated Health Professions Statute Law Amendment Act, 2009) including assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of health and illness in primary care. Consult with a physician as per the Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Standards of Practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. Provide obstetrical care within a shared practice model. Share a home visit schedule with a Physician. Maintain comprehensive client records that meet all required standards of practice. Refer clients internally and externally to address their needs. Participate in client record audits and peer reviews. Participate in the development and ongoing review of Primary Health Care policies and procedures. Participate in community health promotion initiatives at LAMP Community Health Centre. Other related duties as required by the Manager of Clinical Services
- Certificate of Competency in the Registered Nurses – Extended Class of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Thorough knowledge and proficiency in comprehensive health assessment and clinical therapeutics. Three years’ experience, minimum, preferably in community based care. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment. Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of the principles of primary health care, community-based health care and health promotion principles and values. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively across all levels of the organization’s diverse workforce. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas. Demonstrated ongoing continuing education in practice and knowledge areas. Knowledge of immigration and health policies, and the Ontario health system. Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere. Open minded, eager and willing to constantly learn and improve oneself. Current and clear vulnerable sector police check. Valid driver’s license is an asset. Knowledge of LAMP Community Health Centre, the East Mississauga community and/or stakeholders, and/or a second language that is reflective of the community being served are all preferable assets.
Proficiency in the Following Computer Skills
- Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives. Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher). Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment. Experience and accuracy using database applications (i.e. Electronic Health Records,, funder databases, etc.) Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- Travelling on occasion (requires community visits to various home situations). A car is required. Flexible working hours from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm week days. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure and be able to make sound decisions within their scope. Provide health advice and expertise as part of the community engagement events that LAMP is organizing (e.g. health fairs, etc.) Ability to effectively understand the appreciation of guiding fundamentals at LAMP, i.e. Health Promotion, Anti-Oppression; Harm Reduction and the principles of community-based practice. Walk the talk.
- Frequent data entry, with extended periods of time sitting stationary in front of a monitor while keyboarding. Ability to balance all job requirements in a busy atmosphere, including responding promptly to all communication. Frequent standing for extended periods of time and some occasional lifting may be required. Demonstrates good and safe work habits, and maintains a clean working environment. Ensures that staff and clients are compliant with LAMP’s Health & Safety regulations and LAMP’s policies and procedures, including the immediate reporting of any breaches of Health & Safety or Environmental incidents, accidents or concerns to their respective Director/supervisor and/or the Director, Human Resources and Operations.
As part of our mandate for inclusivity, reasonable accommodations can be made for all incumbents to perform the described physical functions of the aforementioned job.
LAMP Community Health Centre is dedicated to achieving a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from equity seeking groups.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources:
Email Address │ email@example.com
Subject │ Job Opening for Nurse Practitioner, Primary Health Care, East Mississauga
This is a Bargaining Unit Position
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please