Foot Care Nurse - Lifemark Seniors Wellness
Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada's largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is: Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; we support personal health and wellness; and devoted to making a real impact in the communities that we live and work in.
Location: Kingston, ON
Frequency of Visits: Every 4-6 weeks
In this role you will:
- Foot care assessments and consultations
- Nail care, cutting and filings
- Reduction of thick/fungal nail
- Ingrown toe nail prevention
- Be responsible for foot care assessments and consultations
- Aiding in the reduction of corn and callus
- Execute preventative screening and education
- Educate and administer Diabetic Foot Care
- Clean and sterilize all Foot Care Instruments
- Be a registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of an approved Advanced Foot Care Training Program
- Ability to provide own foot care tools and supplies
- Ability to follow best practices for inflectional control, organize work, and implement a plan of care
- Experience with seniors is an asset
- Mandatory requirement: As per the Ministry of Long-term Care and the sites we service, Lifemark Seniors Wellness staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures have been put into place and are mandatory.
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information