As a member of the Professional Practice team at SE Health jointly reporting to the VP, Senior’s Health & Chief Clinical Executive and Clinical Director, Practice Transformation, you strive for excellence in quality & scholarly professional practice. You lead program development with evidence and collaborate with operations to design, implement, and evaluate care delivery models for target client populations, set practice standards, define care processes and procedures, design education and training, and manage quality/risk. This is an organizational leadership opportunity with a national scope with the clinical specialty focus on evidence informed geriatrics care delivery.
Join our team and our journey in implementing the care provider empowered H.O.P.E. Model™ of care for impact on life care delivery in home and community and the future of nursing, rehabilitative and personal support care.
- Adopt evidence-informed leading practices and provide expert knowledge to advance care and meet needs of the population served.
- Lead program development and new models of care delivery for the target population, in collaboration with the operations leadership team and the interdisciplinary team.
- Monitor federal, provincial, and other relevant legislation/regulations for compliances and collaborate on strategies to address opportunities for improvement.
- Develop educational initiatives and support the ongoing development of our innovative on-line learning environment.
- Contribute to business development initiatives as required.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Provide expert knowledge and professional practice leadership to develop solutions/service delivery models for exceptional care.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to ensure the implementation and sustainability of exemplary clinical practices.
- Encourage and model critical clinical inquiry that cultivates evidence-informed practice.
- Collaborate to address quality, safety, and risk management issues, including the development of improvement plans to address shortfall.
- Contribute to the improvement of client outcomes (quality of life and quality of care) based on best available evidence and efficient utilization of resources.
- Registration with one of the following health discipline regulatory bodies in Ontario in good standing: Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology, Dietitian Master’s degree in Nursing, Rehabilitation discipline or equivalent (or in progress) required Minimum of three (3) years of recent Gerontology clinical expertise required Additional continuing education, certifications in Gerontology is an asset Knowledge of the related regulatory and legislative requirements across Canada Experience in adult education/curriculum development and delivery Demonstrated technology abilities including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Teams, various applications, e.g., Learning Management System, SharePoint Ability to promote and facilitate evidence-based practice within the home & community setting Superior communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messages Ability to influence others and able to establish credibility with all levels of the organization, challenging the status quo and being a catalyst for positive change Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities. Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, decision making and problem-resolution skills Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply, teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams A vehicle, travel, and some on-call are required.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.