Support Services Attendant - Part Time Permanent - Halton Outreach Program - Burlington, Halton, Georgetown (Days, Afternoons and Weekends included)
You'll feel great about a career with March of Dimes Canada
At March of Dimes Canada, our collective work matters . As a leading national charity backed by a history of more than 70 years of impact, we're dedicated to being Canada's leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide. You'll be joining a team made up of more than 2,000 professionals that's dedicated to solving big challenges and creating real change for people with disabilities in communities across our country. They're at the center of all we do, and we make a real difference in their lives every day. It matters to us because the need is urgent - and it's growing .
More than six million people with disabilities in Canada experience challenges like poverty, discrimination, indignity, and isolation. These are the barriers that you'll help tear down. Together, with your vital contributions, we'll keep moving the dial on the challenges people with disabilities face. Our work is deep and wide - and you'll always find it deeply rewarding - which is why we pull together to make change happen. Our collective efforts are rooted in our Purpose , Vision , and Mission , which inform how we drive all our work forward:
- Purpose: Champion equity. Empower ability.
- Vision: An inclusive, barrier-free society for people with disabilities.?
- Mission: To be Canada's leading service provider, resource, and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide.?
Whether starting or advancing your career with us, you'll feel great knowing that you're:
- Contributing to our important mission: creating real change for people with disabilities
- Joining a leading national charity with a history of impact and a future full of possibility
- Enjoying industry-leading employment incentives and benefits
- Supported in your professional growth, development, and success
- Included in our empathetic and supportive work culture
Learn more about why we're a great employer at marchofdimes.ca/careers .
We are currently looking to fill a Permanent Part Time Support Services Attendant role in our Hamilton/Burlington ALS program. (Covering Hamilton/Burlington and surrounding area). Includes Evenings and Weekends.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
· Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
Qualifications and experience:
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
· Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
· Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
· Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
Reliable transportation REQUIRED
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application and resume by November 24, 2023.
Please submit your application through the posting on the MODC website https://www.marchofdimes.ca/en-ca/getinvolved/careers . For more information, you can contact:
Janet Galway, at email@example.com.
Questions about working at March of Dimes Canada?
For general inquiries, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
Need accommodations? We're here to help!
MODC is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds and abilities.?In accordance with accessibility and human rights legislation across Canada, MODC will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities and other protected needs. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable, accessible, and barrier-free.
Our Reconciliation, Equity, Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion (READI) approach
MODC is dedicated to building and advancing an inclusive and welcoming culture. It's also why we're focused on attracting, retaining, and supporting diverse people. Thanks to our progressive practices, team members of all abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to access the opportunities and supports they need to grow, thrive, and succeed. Our READI approach is rooted in our shared belief that championing equity and empowering ability starts by investing in our team members- and in our shared culture - so that we all feel included, safe, and confident at work every single day.