Personal Support Worker
Here is a look at our total rewards:
- Competitive wages including travel pay starting at $20.55 per hour in total compensation for direct care
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Full-time and Part-time hours available
- Paid orientation and ongoing training
- Career development and progression opportunities
Your role with clients
As a caring, responsible health care team member, you will support clients to be as safe and independent in their homes as possible, helping them to live their best lives. You will provide personal care to clients in their home as well as patients transitioning through the Southlake Hospital Transitional Program. You may assist them to mobilize and perform light exercises and act at all times with the client and their family at the heart of all you do, observing, documenting, and reporting any changes in their condition to your Manager/Supervisor. You may be required to perform light housekeeping tasks as indicated in client care plans.
What you will need to be successful
- Ability to travel from home to home within the Newmarket, Aurora community-valid driver's license and car insurance is a requirement
- Your Personal Support Worker Certificate, or valid certification as a Home Support Worker, Home Support worker level II, Home Support worker level III, Health Care aid or personal attendant will be considered an asset
- Students currently enrolled (post first year) in health care programs such as nursing, rehab, para medicine or have a valid certificate as a Developmental Support Worker or a valid certificate as an RN , RPN, or Practical Nurse, midwife or physician ( either domestic or foreign -trained ) or RN students with a minimum successful completion of year 1
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
- Proof of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date immunization record
- Commitment to work every other weekend
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills required; the ability to communicate in French or other languages is considered an asset
- Reliability and strong organization skills
- Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs. (16 kg)
When you join our team as a Personal Support Worker, you'll belong to one of Canada's leaders in the healthcare industry with 250 locations across the country. As one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada, we're proud to be named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member and Canada's 10 Most Admired Company Cultures.
Join us at CBI Health - Because Your Care Matters.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We are committed to fostering a positive experience for all Indigenous applicants whether you're First Nations (status or non-status), Inuit or Metis and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.