Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women's and Children's Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to creating healthier communities together
. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Emergency Department, the Shift Administrator is an integral role in the hospital. The role provides direction to the staffing office as well as staffing throughout the hospital after regular business hours. This role will work closely with the Clinical Managers, Staffing office, Clinical Utilization Specialist, ED Charge Nurses, and inpatient Charge Nurses to proactively address ED and hospital staffing and patient flow issues. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.Skills and Qualifications:
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
- BScN or BScN in progress required
- Must have current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience in Nursing required
- Leadership skills in a healthcare environment required
- Meditech documentation experience required
- Experience managing hospital budgets is preferred
- Experience in staffing and scheduling is preferred
- Experience in Quality Management, Process Management or Process Redesign and evaluation in health care preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to function collaboratively in a complex and dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills to make and implement difficult, but necessary utilization decisions to support patient flow are necessary
- Excellent problem solving ability and crisis intervention skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace that is free from violence and harassment. We provide reasonable accommodation during recruitment and selection to support an equitable process.
We welcome all applicants and encourage members of equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, Indigenous and LGBTQ2SIA+ communities, racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. Cambridge Memorial Hospital is an employee partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI). We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.