"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Wellness Nurse is responsible for our overall well being of our residents.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Identifies on-going needs and services of residents in promotion of the highest quality resident services to be delivered.
- Ensures proper follow through, participates with evaluation and documentation for residents with a change in health care services and status.
- Assists Resident Care Director (RCD) in conducting resident evaluations and data gathers information at time of move in, 30 days post move in, semi-annually and with any change in status.
- Conducts monthly wellness visits for all residents.
- Monitors, and follows up with residents who have experienced any fall, accident, or incident; documents and reports as required and directed.
- Documents all pertinent information in the resident wellness file.
- Maintains communications with resident's family and or responsible party to ensure medical needs for the resident are being met.
- Contacts resident's attending physician when necessary and/or upon family request.
- Ensures weights and vital signs are obtained monthly for each resident.
- Assists in maintaining wellness files according to Sunrise policies and federal and state regulations.
- Maintains medical supplies and emergency kits for the community.
- Provides clinical support and assistance to community team members as needed.
- Understands and follows infection control practices.
- Partners with the RCD and community team to promote infection control standards including any resident testing, training, and skills checks.
- Understands and practices the proper method of attending to and disposing of and the possibility of exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids, infectious waste, sharp sticks, and hazardous materials in compliance with universal care precautions.
- Regularly monitors each resident's medication and treatment profile to ensure each medication and treatment is administered as ordered and documented accurately.
- Demonstrates and is knowledgeable in the following key quality improvement areas:
- Resident Centered Care Model
- Quality Care Indicators and Outcomes
- Actively participates in Sunrise Quality Assurance Meetings & Clinical Meetings
- Demonstrates and is knowledgeable in the following key regulations:
- All Federal, State and Local resident care and services regulations
- Resident Rights
- Resident Assessment/Evaluation process in accordance to state / province regulatory requirements
- Graduate of approved college / school of nursing.
- Maintains a current state license as a professional Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in home health, assisted living, hospital, or long-term care environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods applied to health and wellness resident care, and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of good assessment skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Possesses written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to teach and guide team members to provide quality clinical care.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and flexible hours, available to our customers at peak service delivery days and times.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise.
At Sunrise, you will...
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work _®_
Selected candidates will be offered competitive compensation based on geographic location of community/office, skills, experience, qualifications, and certifications/licenses (where applicable).
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date 4 weeks ago (11/3/2023 10:20 AM)
Location : Name Sunrise of Richmond Hill
Location : City Richmond Hill
Location : State/Province (Full Name) Ontario