Registered Nurse - Woman and Child Resource Team (NICU, Peds & PUCC)Permanent Full Time
As a Registered Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality, and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (N.R.P.) certification or willingness to obtain within 3 months.
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Minimum of 3 years current experience in Neonatal Intensive Care and/or pediatrics.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of English and an ability to deliver information effectively to others.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with an ability to work effectively with others including patients and families.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality care and safety with an ability to exercise sound professional judgment and use best practice guidelines and evidence based practice.
- Proven organizational skills with an ability to manage workload effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively address and resolve issues including conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Computer proficiency with experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events in practicing in accordance with the CNO's Ethics Practice Standard.
- Practices in accordance with the CNO's Confidentiality and Privacy-Personal Health Information Practice Standard and adheres to the policies and procedures of Mackenzie Health.
- Must have physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role based on an assessment conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety Department.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by ONA * You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health * FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Completion of a recognized Breastfeeding course.
- Perinatal Nursing Course or Perioperative Nurse Course and/or experience.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Ability to speak a second language.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.