About Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT
Founded in 2004 and publicly traded since 2010, Northwest (TSX: NWH.UN) is a global real estate investor and asset manager focused on properties and partnerships at the intersection of healthcare, knowledge, and research. We're a real estate investment trust with more than $10B of assets under management, owning and operating a portfolio of more than 230 high-quality properties across Canada, the United States, Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
Our leadership team promotes value-add partnerships and demonstrates execution excellence, strong governance, and deep expertise. With more than 275 professionals globally, operating in eight countries, we bring a global view, local execution capabilities, and a long-term ownership strategy to serve as a real estate partner of choice to leading healthcare operators around the world.
The Registered Practical Nurse works in partnership with the physicians and staff to provide care to the patient population. Utilizing the nursing process, the Registered Practical Nurse is able to assess the needs of the individual and/or family to facilitate interventions to improve health outcomes in collaboration with all team members.
- Nursing assessment of patient at each visit including identifying reason for visit, history of presenting problem, routine physical exam as indicate (e.g. height, weight, BP, urine test, vision test) and accurately record information in EMR
- Prenatal assessment as per antenatal records
- Well-baby assessment using the Rourke Baby Record and Nipissing for development assessment (with focus on 18 month enhanced visit)
- Review and update immunization status, health history, risk factors (e.g. smoothing) and family history, current medications and allergies as needed to complete data on EMR
- Telephone triage and monitoring within the office arranging intervention, as needed
- Technical nursing interventions including giving injections, medication administration, wound care, dressings and treatments of minor injuries, staple and suture removal, specimen collection and allergy injections
- Assists with examinations, treatments and tests, as required
- Monitors patient INR results and advises (after physician review) re: medication changes and follow up
- Organizes and implements influenza vaccine clinics/appointments
- Telephone follow up , in-person advice and teaching related to physicians prescribed course of treatment
- Facilitates the ordering of medications in consultation with physician
- Liaison with community partners and services (e.g. SMDHU, labs, CCAC) as needed to assist in providing patient care
Health Education and Promotion:
- Prenatal and infant care education with development and maintenance of resource packages
- Follow up and health teaching related to lab and test results, and physicians prescribed course of treatment
- Health promotion with appropriate patient resources (e.g. supporting physical activity, healthy eating, smoking cessation)
- Preventative care education related to disease prevention with provision ofinformation (e.g. immunization, influenza prevention, child/elderly safety)
Clinic Operations Coordination:
- Maintains patient flow at an optimal level as it relates to physician support
- Implements and monitors infection control practices within clinic setting according to infection control standards (e.g. instrument cleaning, communicable disease prevention) with the Clinic Manager
- Manages hazardous waste/sharps disposal according to MOE requirements
- Maintains vaccine supplies and ensures the cold chain is maintained through daily record keeping
- Maintains medical and laboratory supply inventory (completing orders as needed) with assistance from colleagues
- Organizes and stocks clinic area for optimal use
- Prepares exam rooms for physicians
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Accommodation during Recruitment Process
Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT values diversity in the workforce, is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those requiring job postings in an alternative format please notify the Northwest HR Department at AODA@nwhreit.com.
If you are hired by Northwest and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role kindly notify the Northwest HR Department by sending an email to Careers@nwhreit.com.