Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women's and Children's Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to creating healthier communities together
. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is seeking qualified, skilled, and passionate individuals to join our team who will provide direct patient care in our Emergency department. The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing exceptional patient care to a diverse patient population across the spectrum of all emergencies including: trauma, cardiology, obstetrics/gynecology, medicine, psychiatry, and more. Main functions include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, and patient advocacy.
The successful incumbent will work closely with the other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide high quality nursing care to our patients and their families within the framework of the RN. Come join a hospital where everyone makes a difference, and where our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people!
This is full-time position to work all shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays. Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change. Skills and Qualifications:
* As per the O.N.A. Collective Agreement, all O.N.A. members (full-time, part-time & casual) are eligible to apply for this position.
- College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Certificate of Registration in good standing required
- Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- Two years of current experience in an Emergency Program required
- Current experience in a hospital environment preferred
- ACLS, BCLS required
- TNCC, ENPC, PALS preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Code White Training - required to physically be able to participate in and successfully complete training in order to respond fully during a Code White
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Excellent problem solving and crisis intervention skills required
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Meditech and OmniCell a definite asset
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach required
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment essential
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace that is free from violence and harassment. We provide reasonable accommodation during recruitment and selection to support an equitable process.
We welcome all applicants and encourage members of equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, Indigenous and LGBTQ2SIA+ communities, racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and women to apply. Cambridge Memorial Hospital is an employee partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI). We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.