Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women's and Children's Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to creating healthier communities together
. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of a multi-disciplinary team within the Inpatient Surgery Program, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. The RN will perform a variety of nursing duties in accordance with hospital policies and nursing care standards. This is a full-time contract position to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Duties as per job fact sheet.Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.Skills and Qualifications:
* As per the O.N.A. Collective Agreement, all O.N.A. members (full-time, part-time & casual) are eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse in good standing required
- Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- One (1) year recent surgical experience required
- Knowledge, recent experience, and competence in managing post-operative patients, including epidural monitoring required
- Certification and competency in IV therapy including BDC medication administration required
- Certification in care and management of Central Venous Access Devices, including blood sampling an asset
- Must have current CPR
- Should demonstrate evidence of ongoing professional education and commitment to a multi-disciplinary, team centered patient care environment
- Keyboarding skills and proficiency with Meditech an asset
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH. CMH Inclusion Statement
At Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), community matters to us. We acknowledge and are grateful for the opportunity to meet, work and offer healthcare on what is the traditional territories for the Anishinaabe, the Haudenosaunee and the Chinnonton.
We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace; one that generates belonging. We want a work culture where people are free to express their authentic selves and are able to bring their best daily. That includes a workplace that is free from violence, harassment and discrimination of any kind.
We welcome all applicants and encourage members of equity-deserving groups including Indigenous and LGBTQ2SIA+ communities regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, neurodiversity or physical ability. We promise to ask if needed, and to provide reasonable accommodation to you during the recruitment and selection process to ensure an equitable experience.
To support all of us in this journey, Cambridge Memorial Hospital is an employee partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI) and provides access to all CMH members to CCDI resources and education. We encourage you to reflect upon our inclusive commitment to you as we welcome and encourage you to explore a promising future career at CMH.
Mari Iromoto Executive Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Susan Toth, Director of Human Resources We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.