LMC Healthcare is Canada's largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. With over 13 multi-disciplinary centres located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec), we are transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive, and patient-centric than ever before.
Currently, our team is looking for a Footcare Nurse
who can work with us on a permanent part-time basis
at our LMC Vaughan
location, with the ability to add days. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to become part of a wonderful team of clinicians and skilled multidisciplinary healthcare professionals that fosters the environment of professional growth.Job Summary:
The Footcare Nurse will be working as a key member who will assist with triaging footcare cases and providing footcare and education to patients. Working both independently as well as within a team to provide footcare to patients
- Nursing Skills
- Must have current unrestricted registration with your provincial or territorial nursing regulatory body.
- Must have professional insurance coverage
- Have 5 years or more of nursing experience (including 10,000 or more nurse practice hours)
- Must have a certificate of completion in one or more of the following complimentary speciality areas:
- Diabetes education
- Wound care
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC)
- Nursing Foot Care Skills
- 2 to 5 years or more of providing nursing foot care as an Advanced Foot Care Nurse
- Dedication to ongoing yearly continuing education
- Competent and compliant foot care nurse as per current and relevant agency policies and procedures, provincial or federal legislation, regulations, professional standards and practice standards, such as per:
- Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) National Competencies for Advanced Nursing Foot Care in Canada.
- Infection Prevention and Control Canada's (IPAC Canada) guidelines, including 'point-of-use sterility of critical, reprocessed foot care instruments for every client.'
- Guidelines and standards within the scope of practice as defined by your provincial or territorial nursing regulatory body.
- Privacy and confidentiality legislation
- Successful completion of a medical reprocessing course(s) such as PHO, Canadian Standards Association course "Reprocessing Foot Care Devices", IPAC Canada, CDMR or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience or interest in clinical research is an asset.
- Foot Care Related Memberships
- Currently a member of the following associations, or willing to join:
- RNAO/ RPNAO
- IPAC Canada
- Diabetes Canada
- Wounds Canada
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Appreciation Days
- Various opportunities to grow your RN profile
- Easy access to the location
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR