Implementation Specialist (Clinical Pathways) – Maternity Leave
iaBPG Full-Time Maternity Leave Cover, Toronto, ON
The Implementation Specialist role focuses specifically on RNAO Clinical Pathways™, a program of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO). The goal of this program is to promote technology-enabled evidence-based practice in Ontario’s long-term care (LTC) sector through the implementation of digitized versions of RNAO’s evidence-based Best Practice Guidelines (BPG). The primary function of the Implementation Specialist is to support LTC homes participating in the program by helping them apply implementation science approaches in their day-to-day work.
- Act as the principal liaison for the project lead in the assigned LTC homes, providing guidance and support throughout all phases of the implementation process. Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to lead and influence change. Support implementation teams to frame and articulate a shared purpose and key messaging on the benefits of using RNAO Clinical Pathways to advance positive outcomes. Ensure implementation fidelity by using a systematic implementation approach to understand the assigned LTC homes’ current practices and policies, identify research-to-practice gaps, and co-develop an effective implementation plan. Actively support the assigned LTC homes to ensure their timely completion of the planned deliverables including communication, education, implementation, evaluation and sustainability plans. Understand the assigned LTC homes’ change management needs and provide support within the scope of this role. Proactively identify, anticipate and communicate potential barriers and mitigation strategies to the RNAO team to ensure a successful implementation. Participate in research and evaluation activities to determine the impact of RNAO Clinical Pathways in LTC homes in Ontario. Plan and facilitate in-person and/or virtual project team meetings and capacity-building education sessions using principles of adult education to support engagement, knowledge transfer and rapid learning. Support the quality improvement efforts in assigned LTC homes by ensuring accurate interpretation of system-generated reports and appropriate follow-up actions. Co-develop resources and tools that are aligned with existing IABPG programs to support implementation efforts. Promote RNAO Clinical Pathways using social media and other communication channels using testimonials and other pertinent information, in alignment with RNAO’s communication and branding policies. Collaborate with the RNAO LTC Best Practice Program Coordinators to support the implementation of RNAO Clinical Pathways in the assigned LTC homes. Collaborate with other RNAO staff within and outside the department to meet identified targets/deliverables.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered nurse (RN) with current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario. (Master’s degree preferred.)
- Strong clinical nursing background and a minimum of three years of clinical, project leadership or management experience in the LTC sector. Previous experience with any of the following is an asset: implementation of RNAO’s BPGs, RNAO’s Best Practice Spotlight Organization® Program, RAI-MDS or clinical informatics. Demonstrated proficiency in commonly used Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Excellent oral and written communication skills to prepare reports, facilitate meetings and presentations, and respond to email/telephone inquiries. High attention to detail, strong project management skills to prioritize and organize workload and achieve accuracy in meeting deliverables and deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to engage and collaborate with staff and mobilize implementation teams. Strong stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated success in leading new programs or initiatives. Strong problem-solving abilities required to resolve conflicts and negotiate with internal and external partners and collaborators to achieve desired outcomes. Ability to work independently and with teams including internal and external partners and collaborators.
- Workflow includes meeting regular deadlines that may require an increase in speed, re-prioritizing the workload and meeting multiple demands. Concentration is required for short and long periods of time to read and analyze information and prepare reports related to outcomes and deliverables. Required to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and privacy of information. Sitting at the computer for extended periods of time is required Travel, including air travel and the possibility of overnight stays, may be required to conduct dissemination activities and project work.
- Remote position requiring home office and reliable internet service. Occasional travels for conferences, external meetings and staff in-person meetings are required. Typical conditions are such that no risk of injury is present.
RNAO is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who can help us build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. Accommodations are available to all candidates identifying a need during all or any parts of the selection process.
FULLY VACCINATED IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.