Registered Nurse - Critical Care
In partnership with an accredited college, we are also offering qualified RNs the opportunity to take the Critical Care Certificate Program by paying for their tuition and their time while they attend the Program. Successful completion will lead to full-time employment in the Critical Care Unit.
As a Registered Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.
If this sounds like you, and you're prepared to work at any of our sites to meet patient care needs, keep reading.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or commitment to completing within 1 year of hire.
- 2 to 3 years' experience in acute medical/surgical nursing.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Recent experience in Critical Care/Coronary Care/Emergency nursing.
- At least 1 year of recent nursing experience (within the past 3 years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is being represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Competition Number: 2022-8842
Job Status: Permanent Part Time
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Job Title: PATIENT CARE MANAGER