At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team and celebrating achievements creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. As a valued member of our RN team, you will provide care to residents in accordance with the standards of practice and offer leadership and guidance to the nursing and personal care staff. A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others
This position is for our Guildwood Villa Home, located in Scarborough, Ontario.
Available opportunities include: Full-Time; Day/Evening/Night shifts
Extendicare is pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 retention bonus to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month, full-time commitment.
What you’ll be doing
- Liaise with interdisciplinary team and care providers to develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans
- Provide leadership to nursing and personal care staff by planning, directing, supervising and evaluating their work
- Provide complex care to residents, including education and support
- Assist in orienting and training new team members
What you bring
- Current registration with provincial College of Nurses
- Compassion, professionalism, and respect
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
What you’ll get
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others through your work.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- A robust benefits package.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare's Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process.
When you choose to build your career with Extendicare, you’re joining a team dedicated to making a difference. By focusing our energy on enriching the lives of our residents every day, we transform both the quality of their lives and the quality of our own work experiences.
If you have a passion for caring, turn it into a rewarding career with Extendicare!
Extendicare and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes upon request.